Learning ArcGIS

03-25-2016 07:40 PM
MelodyRose
New Contributor III

I am going through the online tutuorials and learning about ArcGIS. Does anybody have suggestions of which tutorials I should go through in the intial stages of learning?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You are starting on this page

ArcGIS tutorials—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

They are still specific, but there is alink on that page that will get you to some basics

Learn ArcGIS

MelodyRose
New Contributor III

Thank you

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

When learning, don't overlook the many free (or inexpensive) training and webinars available Esri Training   and the free 60-90 videos that you can find Esri Video | Videos Covering GIS Events, Products, People, & Topics

By the way, you may want to move you question using Moving Content​  to one of the spaces that would have more resources such as Esri Training  or New to GIS​ (and including them like I just did also lists them there already....post once, ping the other appropriate places with @ and the place.  see GeoNet Community Structure​ to start getting a feel for geonet).  Just fyi, this location is just about the geonet contest.

MelodyRose
New Contributor III

Thank you Rebecca.

0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor

The Esri MOOC Program is another great resource. You can find additional information here, Esri MOOC - Massive Open Online Course.​ I'm currently working in the Location Advantage course and completed the DIY: GeoApps course earlier this year. Best of luck!

MelodyRose
New Contributor III

Thank you, Denise!

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Melody, if you're new to GIS and ArcGIS, this free web course is a great starting point. http://training.esri.com/gateway/index.cfm?fa=catalog.webCourseDetail&courseid=2500.

MelodyRose
New Contributor III

Suzanne, thank you!

0 Kudos
MelodyRose
New Contributor III

I did finish Getting Started with GIS today.