Select to view content in your preferred language

Current MOOC: ExecuteError: Error 000198: Error in accessing the workspace

09-04-2024 03:22 PM
Labels (3)
saronow1
New Contributor

Hello Esri Community,

Thank you for viewing my post. I am working on the current MOOC on New Frontier of Spatial Analytics.  I have downloaded and installed my own ArcPro and am using it with the student saronow1_sds login. However, I have a grouping of issues that are related. This may be related to where I am storing ArcPro, however when I move it to other folders such as Desktop, I am unable to open the application. It will only open from the Program Files folder.  Please see the following issues:

1. MOOC Project-file is ready-only and cannot be saved

2. The Notebooks shows an error highlighted in orange at the top: "Permission denied: C/Program Files/ArcGIS/EsriTraining/DataEngineering_and_Visualization/Data Engineering Notebook.ipynb"

3. There is an error when attempting to create a layer in the Notebook: "ExecuteError: ERROR 000198: Error in accessing the workspace. 

Failed to execute (CreateFeatureclass)"

This seems to be related to the administrative access properties of the DataEngineering_and_Visualization folder in Program Files where it is located. I need to make sure this folder/contents are not read-only and can be edited. Does someone know how to update this? 

Thank you so much,

Sophia

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sophia, it would be good to post your issue in the Spatial Data Science MOOC Forum so that an instructor who's familiar with the MOOC software and project setup can assist you.

0 Kudos