Select to view content in your preferred language

Scanning of Compact Cache File

07-25-2023 05:34 PM
Chris188au
New Contributor

We are recieving a large number of compact cache file from an external source and i would like to scan the content of the files before they enter our environment. Is there a way to unpack the .bundle files to run them through a scanner. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

It's possible, but you shouldn't have to and I'd recommend against it. A .bundle file is just a gzipped collection of files and folders, and modern AV scanners should be able to see inside of it without unpacking it. 7zip should be able to open a cache bundle, but depending on how many tiles and LODs there are, it could take a very very long time to extract them all and may consume a lot of space on disk. 

Chris188au
New Contributor

Thanks for your response. From our investgation, the compact cahe is more than just a gzip collection of files and tools such as GZIP and 7ZIP are unable to ether view the content of the cache or extract the files. Through our testing, none of the standard AV engines are able to scan the content of the cache and when presented with the file, pass it straight through. 

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry about that, I could have sworn they were archives, not binary files. You can explode the cache using desktop or a tool like https://mapproxy.org/docs/1.13.0/mapproxy_util.html#export

0 Kudos