System Requirements - Districting for ArcGIS

05-30-2018 12:10 PM

System Requirements - Districting for ArcGIS

The Districting for ArcGIS add-on is built on top of Esri's desktop technology and uses both the ArcCatalog and ArcMap applications within ArcGIS Desktop (Basic, Standard, and Advanced). ArcCatalog is a convenient way to organize and preview districting plans. ArcMap contains an easy-to-use interface for viewing and editing districting plans.

System requirements are determined by the current product version and platform configuration you are using. Refer to the ArcGIS Desktop specifications for details.

Comments

I'm wondering if anybody else is experiencing problems with opening existing plans using this extension. When I try to browse to a 'Plan database', the database is not available  (see screenshot below). I'm experiencing this on two machines: one has ArcMap 10.3.1 and the other has 10.7.1. I installed the appropriate version for each ArcMap version using the installers on this page.  I've enabled the extension (you cannot browse to the dialog box below if you don't enable the extension). Additionally, I cannot browse to plan in ArcCatalog as shown on the page I mentioned earlier. When I navigate to plan to the mdb database that I created previously, it shows what is displayed in the second screenshot below.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension with full reboots of the computer. No luck. Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Any idea what can be done about this?AZendel_0-1626290989303.png

=================================

AZendel_1-1626291527508.png

I just found the solution to this problem and I documented my steps here. I hope this helps.

Version history
Last update:
‎05-30-2018 12:10 PM
Updated by:
Contributors