GIS Tutorial for ArcGIS PRO 2.8: Tutorial 8.1 geocoding

Jump to solution
03-29-2022 05:52 PM
DD_SCRAFT
New Contributor

I have followed the instructions in GIS Tutorial for ArcGIS Pro 2.8 tutorial 8.1 to create a zip code locator for the tutorial (starting pg 241).  I followed the instructions to create a locator using PARegionZip and field "ZIPCodeNum" (see LocatorSetup image) and I did not change any of the defaults on the catalog pane.

Next I setup the geocode addreses tool following the instructions (see geocodeSetup image) and when I run the tool I only get 7 matches out of 1,123.

I have tried modifying the tolerance, changing the field used, adding state data, using different zip code layers, and creating a locator in ArcMap and I either get 7 results or none.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong and would like some input.  All of the files can be downloaded from the books resource page (file is too large to be uploaded).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III

the issue is the book has the wrong geocode table option. instead of setting it to multiple fields you need to select single and choose the 'zipnum' field.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III

the issue is the book has the wrong geocode table option. instead of setting it to multiple fields you need to select single and choose the 'zipnum' field.

DD_SCRAFT
New Contributor

Thank you so much.  I just ran it as a single field and it worked straight away.

0 Kudos