Select to view content in your preferred language

WELCOME!

05-29-2024 07:19 AM
LittleMissEsri
Esri Contributor
6 0 242

Hey Environment Community! 

We've actually long had an Environment Community as a formal "space" on Esri Community, but it's been buried deep within the belly of many-a-links to navigate there, so no one ever knew about it! 

So we're excited to announce that we've elevated the profile of the Environment Community up to one of the main industry options, so it's easier to find. 

We wanted to provide a space for our community to collaborate on industry-specific topics. This will be a great space to: 

• Share a super cool workflow, tips and tricks, or other inspiration you'd like to share with your peers.
  • Ask about industry-specific workflows and crowdsource feedback from your peers and Esri SMEs.
  • Post news about industry-specific events and happenings such as conferences, meetups, etc. 

"Back in my day..." I was an avid "GeoNet" user, and it really helped me through some challenges, and our entire GIS program was better off for the robust community of professionals we have here. Our hope is that this continues to be a space that helps you along your GIS journey as an environmental professional, and helps your organization achieve a more sustainable future through the application of the Geographic Approach and GIS. 

So - with that! WELCOME TO THE ESRI ENVIRONMENT COMMUNITY!

Sunny Fleming
Director - Environment, Conservation & Natural Resources Solutions

About the Author
Sunny Fleming is the Director of Environment, Conservation, and Natural Resources Solutions at Esri. With a background in plant ecology and botany, she has applied location intelligence throughout her career; from monitoring rare species in the field to helping state parks manage recreational assets across their systems. Through collaboration with users, partners, and colleagues, she fosters a community of environmental professionals who use GIS to solve some of our world's most pressing challenges.