Utility Network on Collector for ArcGIS

05-03-2019 04:47 PM
UtilityAdmin
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

So I set up a utility network (Electric 2.0.1), for my utility company. I have been asked if we can use the hosted services in our portal for data collection? Initially, I thought it was possible. Until I saw that Collector was displaying them in a very confusing way (Attributes cramped together, Domains not showing up like in ArcGIS Pro.

Is it possible to consume utility network through collector?

If so can I be guided?

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

I can confirm that Collector works fine with the Utility Network as long as you don't need to take it offline (not currently supported).

Squished Fields - this first problem sounds like your map isn't properly set up.  The default aliases for fields in the utility network list out all the subtype level aliases for each field.  You will want to adjust these in your map by either reset them to be the field names if you have all your layers in one table or splitting out your layer into multiple layers and applying the appropriate alias / visibility settings on each individual layer.

Domain Values not appearing - This is something that can happen when you publish web maps using ArcGIS Pro.  Refer to the tips in this thread ( Domain decode inconsistency  ) for how to work around it.

UtilityAdmin
New Contributor II

Hello Robert, 

Thanks for your reply.

I know collector is a general purpose data collection tool but in this case, I wish to use it to collect data into a UN DB. I'm also aware of the 'wiring' of the UN (subnetworks, terminal management, etc.) hence I'm worried I might not achieve the desired results('UN compliant data').

So this is my thinking, do the collection with collector and do the UN compliance in ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos