Select to view content in your preferred language

Update Subnetwork doesn't

Jump to solution
10-09-2018 11:41 AM
HenryColomb
New Contributor II

Hey All

I'm running through the Electric Utility Network Configuration getting started and completed the add underground extension section. I'm trying to add the newly created section to the feeder subnetwork but after the Update Subnetwork tool runs "successfully" only the first couple devices have the subnetwork name field populated. I ran the Update Is Connected tool and all the features show they are connected. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Henry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Every network allows you to specify the conditions under which network features will energize.  You can find these on the network properties for the layer under Electric Distribution Network > Tiers > Tier Name (in your case Electric Distribution) then look in the Trace Configuration Column (you'll need to scroll to the bottom and scroll to the right).  The conditions vary but for the 2.0 model you should see that tracing will stop on open devices, lifecycle status not 'in service' and at grounding points (or something similar).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you post a screenshot of where the update stops in the circuit?  The most likely causes are things like not setting a terminal connection or accidentally setting a value on a feature that stops tracing (i.e. setting a device to be open or a junction/device/line to not be in service).

0 Kudos
HenryColomb
New Contributor II

Hey Robert

I changed the value for the distribution line/lifecycle to In Service and that looks to have solved the issue, where is that constraint defined in the network layer? Connectivity rules?

Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Every network allows you to specify the conditions under which network features will energize.  You can find these on the network properties for the layer under Electric Distribution Network > Tiers > Tier Name (in your case Electric Distribution) then look in the Trace Configuration Column (you'll need to scroll to the bottom and scroll to the right).  The conditions vary but for the 2.0 model you should see that tracing will stop on open devices, lifecycle status not 'in service' and at grounding points (or something similar).