Optimised cartography maps in UNF

Jump to solution
07-18-2019 06:41 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

In the Benefits of the Electric Utility Network Foundation it talks about the included maps contain symbology optimised for use across the ArcGIS platform.

Can anybody please elaborate on this?

I'm trying to find out how the symbols were created and their associated parameters (eg. max size - 256 x 256px, 32bit colour, transparent background, no colour gradients, save as/export format - SVG, EMF, imported into stylx file as marker symbol, suitable applications to use - Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, GIMP)

Thank you for anytime with this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Anthony,

The were built using SVG so they can be scaled larger or smaller without affecting quality.  They were also built with higher contrast to previous symbols so they are visible on top different basemaps available to ArcGIS users.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

Anthony,

The were built using SVG so they can be scaled larger or smaller without affecting quality.  They were also built with higher contrast to previous symbols so they are visible on top different basemaps available to ArcGIS users.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Michael,

I was assuming this was the case. Thank you for the confirmation.

Do you suggest a starting point when it comes to the pixel size? I know SVG scale so it probably just depends on the fine detail I'm trying to achieve in the symbol which may/may not be able to be seen at the finished size on the layer symbology.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

For the editor maps, we used 18pt.  For mobile maps, we have made them larger in the past, around 22 would be good. 

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Thank you for this additional information

0 Kudos