Map-based Photo Survey Application

Jump to solution
08-07-2017 07:31 AM
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a map-based version of the Photo Survey app? Something similar to the Inspection project in Drone2Map, but that can ask questions and be hosted in a webapp for those without the Drone2Map software?

I work for an electric utility, and I am trying to use the images collected by drone flights to inspect or quickly view and categorize poles and conductor. I can take the images from drone flights and stitch them together into orthomosaics, then share and host them via a webapp for linemen or supervisors to then inspect the area for damage.

But I would like them to be able to correlate the photos to the map quickly, ie - be able to go directly to a pole or specific area of concern. It would also be nice to have them be able to answer questions about a particular pole, just like in the Photo Survey app.

Which leads to another question... What happens to the data collected by the Photo Survey? Can that data then be used to symbolize the webmap to show which areas have been inspected or which poles have been identified as damaged?

Perhaps Photo Survey isn't the proper tool to accomplish this task. Does anyone have recommendations for a webapp or similar tool that would work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

April -

The processing tools that we include with Photo Survey will associate photos with parcels, or a location.  You'll need to associate your photos to utility poles, if you have that setup already the process would be straightforward.  The end result of the survey appear as attributes on the point features, so you'll be able to symbolize the end result simply. 

We actually have a help topic dedicated to monitoring the results of the survey - http://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/photo-survey/get-started/monitor-surveys/

Thanks

Chris Buscaglia

Local Government Solutions

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

April -

The processing tools that we include with Photo Survey will associate photos with parcels, or a location.  You'll need to associate your photos to utility poles, if you have that setup already the process would be straightforward.  The end result of the survey appear as attributes on the point features, so you'll be able to symbolize the end result simply. 

We actually have a help topic dedicated to monitoring the results of the survey - http://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/photo-survey/get-started/monitor-surveys/

Thanks

Chris Buscaglia

Local Government Solutions