Integrating Microsoft Access Database with ArcGIS Online

01-21-2020 10:11 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor

. I currently have FuturaGIS for Electric Utilities. It runs on ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 . I want to add a web based platform as a part of my GIS capabilities. I want to give others in my organization the ability to view (NOT EDIT) data, create maps, and possibly run analysis. Is it possible to connect a Microsoft Access Database to ArcGIS Online and have the data update regularly without having to manually do so? If not, then how do i create a regularly updated web version of our database for others to access? Would I need ArcGIS Enterprise to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

You cannot integrate and publish a Microsoft Database  (.mdb) to ArcGIS Online.

You will need to move your database tables to a file geodatabase or and SDE

Granted you then lose the significant advantages or working with Access

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Robert, I forgot to mention that the database is currently on an SDE. Since this is the case, How would I integrate the database with ArcGIS Online? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Technically speaking if it is in SDE then it is no longer a MS Access Database.

Can you add tables from your SDE into ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, I can add them into ArcMap. We currently don’t have ArcGIS Pro so I’m not sure about adding them there. There are a few other databases that are linked to the GIS and they are updated/used by other departments using separate software programs. There are multiple tables that are connected to my “Editing” map document that I work with daily. These tables contain customer data and billing information. 

0 Kudos