Handling Related Records for UN Migration

09-17-2019 08:05 AM
EddyClark
Occasional Contributor

I found this text in the UN Migration Tools Documentation:

"Related records should be consistently managed; for example, if a fuse point on an electric network is protecting all three phases, the related record should have three-unit records, one for each phase. It should not be also represented as one-unit record with all three phases."

Is there an easy way to triple the amount of related records that I already have? 

Should the FuseUnit table specify which phase each unit is protecting?  i.e. [Phase] = B

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Hi Eddy.

The document you are referring to is specifically for the FME for Electric Data migration to the Utility Network.  There are multiple migration tools and methods that can be employed which have different requirements.  One of the reasons the FME Workbench requires the Unit table is that these Unit records will be converted in to features (devices) and yes, one record per phase is required for devices like Transformers (Delta connected Transformers would have two phases), Fuses, Capacitors and Non-Gang operable switches.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
EddyClark
Occasional Contributor

Thanks John.  Can you point me to the other migration tools and methods?

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Currently the only other tools available are from Business Partners like SSP and RamTech.  In October a new Data Loading Tool should be released by Esri solutions to help perform a simple migration of data from source to target.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
EddyClark
Occasional Contributor

Also, can you tell me if there is any sample data I can study?

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

There is sample data using the esri Electric Foundation Model for the Utility Network.  You can find it on the Utility Solutions web site ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool | ArcGIS Solutions .  Download the Solutions Deployment tool and it will allow you to load the Sample Data

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com