AVL/fleet tracking

10-23-2017 06:26 AM
jessebelcher
New Contributor

Hello we are looking to replace our current AVL system (GeoDigital) with something ESRI based.. Do any of you use anything like that.. We are sending gps streams to a server and the our OMS (Milsoft) is pulling that data into their database to display our trucks on the outage map.. I was hoping to do our own AVL system within ESRI.. Of course we would want to be able to pull breadcrumb trails from trucks on certain dates and get info about speed and location. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChristopherMcClain
Occasional Contributor II

I have never used it directly by every time I have researched this in the past I always ended up looking at CompassCom's solution (http://compasscom.com/).  Their solutions were very mature and fully functional for what we were looking at.  That being said it is also very pricey and this was all pre GeoEvent Server was introduced which probably disrupted tis sector a bit.

jessebelcher
New Contributor

Ok great that gives me something to look into..  We have a solution at the moment but i think we can do more if we do it ourselves. 

0 Kudos
JoshGumm
New Contributor II

We use Fleetmatics: GPS Fleet Tracking Solutions | Fleetmatics  who is now owned by Verizon.  The managers seem to like it, with having the mobile app, reporting, etc.  I really haven't used it and am just getting our GeoEvent environment configured to see how they can talk possibly.  Here's the only integration documentation I have found so far:

Sync Vehicle Tracking with API Integration | Fleetmatics 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Josh

CalebHarris2
New Contributor

Did you ever get Verizon Connect to integrate with your GIS?

FinnianO_Connor
Occasional Contributor II

I'd also be interested to know if anyone has successfully integrated the Fleetmatrics data into GeoEvent.

Cheers,

Finnian

0 Kudos
CodyHansen
New Contributor

Hi Josh,

Did you ever get integrated with Verizon Connect? We're currently in the process of starting our integration and Verizon didn't have a clue who ESRI was when I was asked who we'd be integrating with.

Cheers,

Cody

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Jesse,

In the not too distant future, you may be able to use  Tracker:

Location Tracking Debuted at Esri User Conference (July 2018) 

Mark

0 Kudos