Need camera parameters for DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0

Jump to solution
08-29-2020 07:54 AM
SamuelHopstone
New Contributor
Hello,
I used a P4 Pro V2.0 to collect some aerial images. I need more information about the drone camera to create a drone imagery workspace in ArcGIS Pro 2.6. ArcGIS has the camera model in their database, but does not have the parameters. Please see attached screenshot for reference. I was unable to locate this information in the DJI user manual or on the DJI specifications page for the P4 Pro V2.0. I contacted DJI Support, no reply received yet.
My question: can anyone please provide the 6 camera specifications identified below? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks GeoNet!!
UAS Product Information
UAS Model: Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Camera: FC6310S
Camera specification information needed
1. Focal Length (mm)
2. Radial Coefficient K1
3. Radial Coefficient K2
4. Radial Coefficient K3
5. Tangential Coefficient P1
6. Tangential Coefficient P2
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

this page DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography  says "The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0’s camera is the same as the Phantom 4 Pro"

this page DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI shows focal length 24 mm:

LensFOV 84° 8.8 mm/24 mm

ArcGIS Pro Help Create an ortho mapping workspace for drone imagery—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  says: Only values for Focal length (mm) and Pixel Size on the Sensor (in mm) are required to compute the camera model

The pixel size should be 2.41 microns based on sensor size 13.2 mm x 8.8 mm Image sensor format - Wikipedia  and 5472 pixels across 13.2 mm.

Try those values and the software should calculate the distortion terms for you.  If these values don't work, let us know.

Cody B. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

this page DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography  says "The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0’s camera is the same as the Phantom 4 Pro"

this page DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI shows focal length 24 mm:

LensFOV 84° 8.8 mm/24 mm

ArcGIS Pro Help Create an ortho mapping workspace for drone imagery—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  says: Only values for Focal length (mm) and Pixel Size on the Sensor (in mm) are required to compute the camera model

The pixel size should be 2.41 microns based on sensor size 13.2 mm x 8.8 mm Image sensor format - Wikipedia  and 5472 pixels across 13.2 mm.

Try those values and the software should calculate the distortion terms for you.  If these values don't work, let us know.

Cody B. 

0 Kudos
Sarah-CodyKnight
New Contributor II

@CodyBenkelman Can you also, by any chance, provide the same paramters for the DJI P4 Multispectral camera? I'm trying to do the same thing as the OP 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos