Upload Custom Widgets To ArcGIS Online

03-31-2017 07:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently, if we develop a custom widget using the Developer Edition of ArcGIS Web App Builder we have to go through this process to deploy the application with the widget inside it.  It would be great if we could just upload individual custom widgets to our ArcGIS Online like how you upload data.  These custom widgets are small folders that usually have a config file that could be used to configure the widget for any application that would access it in ArcGIS Online.

15 Comments
BenjaminMittler

Any further progress on this?

deleted-user-8KkqhMYcTNGx

Greetings,

If I may I would like to add to this idea. Currently, you can host custom widgets in ArcGIS Enterprise Portal. It would be wicked cool if custom widgets could be passed through Distributed Collaboration to ArcGIS Online. That way an organization could control which custom widgets are internal and which are passed through to the public utilizing ArcGIS Online. It would be awesome. Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi

DEWright_CA

I would vote this one up if you submit it...

JenniferKuntz2
DonMorrison1

This would be a great capability.  Unfortunately I spent the last week building a very useful custom widget but now I realize that it can't be used since we deliver everything through ArcGIS Online.