Improve the on-line help in three ways

04-02-2010 08:52 AM
GregRieck
Occasional Contributor III
1) It would be nice to be able to more quickly find help on ArcObject interfaces in the on-line help. When you search for an interface by exact name the first item found would be that interface. For example when searching for the IFeature Interface the first returned item would be the Geodatabase namespace - IFeature Interface and not a bunch of IFeature examples and other content.

2) Provide more search options to limit the returned results. Currently the on-line help searchs all area's. It would be nice to be able to limit the search results to your area of interest. For example ArcGIS Desktop .Net instead of returning results for ArcGIS Engine and other development languages like java. Currently I find myself adding "-java" to all my search results. The ability to save your search preferences would be an added bonus.

3) Eliminate the duplicate entries. Often my search results are returned with duplicate results. Sometimes I have seen as many as four identical results.
1 Comment
LaurenWinkler

One thing to add:

The ArcObjects help is in a web frame and uses bold body text with very little line spacing that makes it very difficult to read. Copying the content into the style of the other ArcGIS documentation would make it significantly easier to consume.

Screenshot of ArcObjects Help

Screenshot of ArcGIS Pro Help