Select to view content in your preferred language

What's New in Esri Developers June 2024

06-27-2024 12:02 AM
AmyNiessen
Esri Regular Contributor
3 3 359

In the latest release, we introduced a large number of changes that address the feedback we’ve received to improve your developer experience with ArcGIS.

Here is an overview of the changes:

• New ArcGIS Location Platform site and dashboard
  • Automatic migration of ArcGIS Developer Accounts
  • New ArcGIS Developer Bundle
  • Updates to the Developer documentation site
  • New credentials experience

For more information and resources, read more on the ArcGIS Developer Blog.

3 Comments
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

@AmyNiessen , I have a dumb question. I feel like with the old 'free' developer accounts, we could create apps like Experience Builder. Is that still the case with the new Location Platform? Or am I completely misunderstanding things?

Thanks!

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Ok, never mind, I found the answer here:

https://developers.arcgis.com/arcgis-developer-subscription/#alternatives

At the very bottom:

"

My ArcGIS Developer account was migrated to an ArcGIS Location Platform account. Why am I not able to access ArcGIS applications like Experience Builder anymore?

ArcGIS Developer accounts were migrated to ArcGIS Location Platform accounts, which do not not include a license to the app builders. To use the app builders you are required to have an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise account.

"

I am quite disappointed by this. Oh well.

AmyNiessen
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AdrianWelsh -

Thank you for reaching out! Please always feel free to reach out should you have any questions. We're here to help!

As you noted, it is not included; however, you can still build custom applications with any of our APIs and SDKs. See what is included with ArcGIS Location Platform here.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!