When you're at a hackathon, you tend to use the tools that you know. That way you can put all of your effort and time into the app you're trying to build, and not into having to learn a new tool that might set you back.
But what if you want to use ArcGIS but don't have much experience with it?
Well, here's a video that in just 30 minutes will give you everything you need to get going and get productive with ArcGIS Platform and ArcGIS Online for hosting data, making maps, using location services, and making apps. Even during a fast-paced hackathon you may find that spinning up on a few key skills could be a great investment when you see what kinds of capabilities you can bring to your project.
In this video, we cover all 10 of these topics:
- Who is Esri and What is ArcGIS?
- Sign up for a free ArcGIS Online for Developers account
- Search, find, import, create, and host map data on the cloud
- Make, style, and share a web map
- Use API Keys for activating content, location services, and interactive data analysis tools
- Create custom web mapping apps without code: StoryMaps, Dashboards, app builders and templates
- Use ArcGIS along with other commercial and open source mapping tools
- Data science with ArcGIS: ArcGIS Python packages
- Community tools and resources: online forums, open source projects
Here is a link to the video: https://tiny.cc/ArcGISHacksVideo_v2
(edited 2022-01-07, to fix broken links)