Map does not populate on published Survey123

04-11-2019 03:20 AM
TYLERFULKERSON
New Contributor

I have no issue attaching a map to the survey when I am in the designer. When I publish, however, the map only shows white and when hovering over it says "Loading". It does this for an extended period of time too. Is there a setting I need to check for this function to work? The function does work in the Survey123 mobile application just not the desktop browser

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tyler,

Can you provide a few details about how your Survey is set up?

1) What is the background web map?  Is it shared publicly, or just within your organization?

2) Given the designer view, it appears that you are asking for the user's location.  In the browser of the published view, have you been prompted to share location access?  If so, have you granted or denied?

0 Kudos
TYLERFULKERSON
New Contributor

Hey James,

Thanks for the reply and taking the time to try and figure this out.

Currently my settings are as follows: The background map is the default streets basemap that it starts out with, however, it doesn't matter which one is on there because the end result is the same. I designed the survey using a web browser and not Survey123 Connect. I have tried asking and not asking for a users location so that doesn't seem to matter. Do you think it might be something within the browser not enabled that could be causing this issue? The field applications on the phone and the desktop work fine. This only happens in the browser.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tyler,

Can I ask you to open the Developer tools of your browser and watch the network traffic as you reload the form?  It sounds like something isn't getting loaded successfully.  

0 Kudos