I'm looking for info/details regarding Structured Observation Management (SOM) workflows

07-19-2018 11:11 AM
PaulAvery
New Contributor II

I'd like to know more specifics about the SOM workflow, e.g. Ontology > Data Model > Exploitation Template but that level of detail is no where to be found, at least based on my internet searching. This topic was lightly covered in "Esri Intelligence Workstation Webinar Series, Imagery Tools for Intelligence Production" webinar (Imagery Tools for Intelligence Production - YouTube) , at the ~29:54 mark.

I'm interested in developing a workflow where the ontology that I've created can then be utilized to define the data model that then can be developed into an exploitation template for the purpose of autonomously applying the template to large image datasets for identification/classification purposes.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Paul, per our emails, did you receive the information you needed from Brian and team?

0 Kudos
PaulAvery
New Contributor II

Hi Wendy. Yes I received some info that was helpful. The workflow details that I was hoping for didn’t materialize to my satisfaction however. Don’t get me wrong, Brian & Co were on the same page as me, it’s just that I was a bit disappointed with the current state of AI & machine learning in ArcGIS Pro. It seems to be oversold at the moment. I’m still working thru the workflow but it’s cumbersome. We can discuss further if you’d like. Thanks for the follow up. Paul

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
magnusjohansson
New Contributor

Hi, Im also interested in the SOM workflow, e.g. Ontology > Data Model > Exploitation Template can you share it?