Select to view content in your preferred language

Grids and Graticules xml templates

01-27-2020 01:07 AM
JillSlater3
New Contributor III

I am using a tool from the Cartography toolbox called Make Grids and Graticules layer, which uses template xml files to create grids. The tool help says:

"Template files are located in the GridTemplates folder under the ArcGIS install directory. Additional grid templates can be obtained and shared using the ArcGIS Resource Center."

Does anyone know where in the ArcGIS Resource Center I can find other template xml files? I am looking specifically for the xml for a NATO standard military map (Series 1401) that is not provided in the ArcGIS install directory. Just seeing if I can track it down before I try and make one from scratch using the xml designer in Production Mapping.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGrammer
Esri Contributor

Jill

I am not sure the Grid file you are looking for is posted on the resource center or in the ArcGIS install.

You can have a look at the following install directory on your machine. The files in the Gridmplates are the only one installed with ArcGIS other than product grids for Defense Mapping extension. These are for standard 50K, 100K, 250K products but are installed with Defense Mapping. You might be able to see if any of the existing Grids can be modified to make your grid with the grid designer in Production Mapping.

Grid templates installed with ArcGIS

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.7\GridTemplates

JillSlater3
New Contributor III

Thanks for your help John, yes I looked through the install folders on my machine and also our server with Defense for server installed (that seems to have more grid templates). I was just hoping someone had made the grids for this map in the past that could be shared around. I will most likely use the grid designer from a template as you suggested. Thanks again.

0 Kudos