What does this error message mean?

Jump to solution
10-07-2014 12:47 PM
JohnIngalls
New Contributor

I'm using ArcMap 10.1 and have received this error message when trying to rematch my geocoding results. Error message: "There was an error reading
the geocoded information from this dataset." This is the first time I've geocoded in v10.1, does anyone know a fix to this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JKGIS08
New Contributor III

I have just ran into this error as well, and have seen it before.  I was getting this error when trying to run the geocode off an SDE geodatabase and looks like the locator I was using needs to be rebuilt.  I created a new address locator in my local drive and ran the geocode successfully and allowed me to rematch.

Try building a new address locator.

Hope this works for you as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JKGIS08
New Contributor III

I have just ran into this error as well, and have seen it before.  I was getting this error when trying to run the geocode off an SDE geodatabase and looks like the locator I was using needs to be rebuilt.  I created a new address locator in my local drive and ran the geocode successfully and allowed me to rematch.

Try building a new address locator.

Hope this works for you as well.

0 Kudos
JohnIngalls
New Contributor

Thanks for your input, it looks like that was my problem as well. When the address locator is built "from scratch" and stored in a local folder it works, and I can reveiw and rematch. 

Awsome!

Thanks,

Johnny

0 Kudos