View permissions on non-table objects in an enterprise geodatabase

02-25-2015 02:15 PM
TijsInghelbrecht
New Contributor

I was wondering if someone could help me out with the following issue concerning view permissions on non-table objects in an enterprise geodatabase.

I’ve set up a single enterprise geodatabase that is accessed by different users with individual schema separately assigned to them. This should allow individual users to only play around with their own(ed) data and at the same time it organizes data in the big, single database by adding the prefix of each schema to any table/feature class. The issue is that users are able to view all non-table objects from any other user in that same geodatabase, while they don’t have permissions to do that. In my case these objects are relationship classes and feature datasets. Since the latter have privileges, I hoped I could hide them from viewing by non-owner users, but this doesn’t work.

There’s an old post on Geonet that has an explanation of the issue: https://community.esri.com/message/20432#20432 I hoped that in the meantime there might be a (workaround) solution available to fix this.

My details:

Advanced ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2

SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1

Enterprise geodatabase 10.2.2

In the screenshot attached the aerials connection file connects to the database with the aerials user credentials. The database user permissions are limited to the aerials schema so that I should only be able to view the two feature classes with AERIALS as a prefix. The other geodatabase objects are visible, but when previewing or requesting properties an Error-popup shows up claiming the user doesn't have the correct permissions.

Thanks,

Tijs

0 Kudos
0 Replies