Unable to import/read GML file

01-16-2014 10:53 AM
VishApte
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I have a GML file sourced externally. This GML file is accompanied by a .GFS file but not XSD file.

I am trying to open this file in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 SP1 with Data Interop extension. But the Data Interop is unable to read the GML file. I tried using spatial ETL tool as well but it does not read any feature types from the GML file and complains about XSD file. See error log below.

What I find is other GIS softwares such as QGIS etc. are able to import this GML file easily. Is this a known limitation of Data Interop to have XSD file with GML?

Regards,
Vish

Starting Translation ...
Feature Manipulation Engine 2012 SP1 (20120318 - Build 12229 - WIN32)
Data Interoperability (node locked-crc)
Permanent License.
Machine host name is: LAP-303558
Copyright (c) 1994 - 2012 by Safe Software Inc.
Safe Software Inc.

Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `GML'
Loaded module 'GML' from file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Esri\Data Interoperability (x86)\plugins/GML.dll'
FME API version of module 'GML' matches current internal version (3.7 20111219)
The uri-map document 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Esri\Data Interoperability (x86)\xml\urimap\gml_aixm.xml' is being used to map from URI to URI
The uri-map document 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Esri\Data Interoperability (x86)\xml\urimap\gml_citygml.xml' is being used to map from URI to URI
The uri-map document 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Esri\Data Interoperability (x86)\xml\urimap\gml_inspire.xml' is being used to map from URI to URI
The uri-map document 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Esri\Data Interoperability (x86)\xml\urimap\gml_urimap.xml' is being used to map from URI to URI
URI 'TLS10.1_request.xsd' mapped to 'file:///C:/Projects/xxx/2CAM-02/TLS10.1_request.xsd'
Parsing schema document 'file:///C:/Projects/Transfield/2CAM-02/TLS10.1_request.xsd' ...
XML Parser error: 'Error at file:'' line-0 column:0 message:unable to open primary document entity 'C:\Projects\xxx\2CAM-02\TLS10.1_request.xsd''
An error occurred while attempting to parse the XML Schema document 'file:///C:/Projects/xxx/2CAM-02/TLS10.1_request.xsd'
The XML Module halted on error, see the logfile for details
Merged 0 schema features read from 1 datasets into 0 resulting feature types
Opened mapping File C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\arc4C3B\FME_13899045649_10316.fmw for output
Mapping File Generation was SUCCESSFUL
Mapping File Generation was SUCCESSFUL
FME Session Duration: 1.9 seconds. (CPU: 1.4s user, 0.3s system)
END - ProcessID: 10156, peak process memory usage: 75072 kB, current process memory usage: 74916 kB
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Vish

Please open a support call and attach your files, the analyst will be able to look into the problem.

Regards
0 Kudos