StreetMap Premium 2014 Release 3 - Geocoding Side Offset Question

04-28-2015 09:15 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using the USA Address Locators that come with StreetMap Premium 2014, Release 3 for geocoding within ArcGIS 10.3 and I cannot seem to get the side offset located within the "Geocoding Options" dialog to work. Specifically it looks like the side offset i am putting in there for "StreetAddress" Locator is working, but the offset I am using for "PointAddress" is being ignored.

For PointAddress I am using 70 feet and for StreetAddress I am using 20 meters.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

PS - I am positive that these side offsets worked beautifully in older versions of the address locators that I used to use.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PatrickPeters1
New Contributor II

The offset only applies to StreetAddress locators.

Side offset

Some address locator styles use reference data containing address range information for each side of the street. Address locators based on these styles can determine on which side of the street an address is located. For cartographic or proximity analysis purposes, you can specify a side offset for geocoded features when using these styles of address locators. When you specify a side offset, the address locator locates geocoded features at the specified distance, based on map units, from the street centerline on the correct side of the street.

See ArcGIS Help 10.1

0 Kudos