Single House - Parcel Layer

05-31-2011 04:43 AM
JasonTorres
New Contributor
I'm trying to create a new geocoding locator using a parcel feature class.  I'm using the US Address - Single House style.  My reference data is the parcel layer and I am specifying the House Number and Street Name field to use the same field name found in the parcel layer.  The field is a Text with 255 char.  When I try to create the service I get an error "ERROR 000042: Failed to create the address locator".  I reviewed the causes of the error but I dont' see the issue.

Of note, this morning I installed Service Pack 2.  I'm using ArcGIS 10.  I was able to create geocoding locator services a week ago.

Thanks,

Jason
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SisiYan
Occasional Contributor
Is the reference data a SDE layer? If so, please store it in a local geodatabase and try it again.
0 Kudos
JasonTorres
New Contributor
It's stored in a personal geodatabase.
0 Kudos
AndrewDecker
New Contributor II
Geocoding has been very problematic for me since installing SP2 and I have two incident numbers going with ESRI now and have posts going here also; not similar to this though. 

I have a thought regarding where you are trying to store the locator and whether it has a projected coordinate system.  There was a known bug, that was fixed in SP2, regarding composite locators with projected coordinate systems in file geodatabases...

...try creating your locator in a stand alone folder, just to troubleshoot maybe...
0 Kudos