Retrieving a feature class which was deleted from child version.

10-12-2012 09:33 AM
Sandyd
by
New Contributor
Hi,

We have a Default version and a child version. One of my colleague had deleted a feature class from Child version. Is it possible to retrieve the deleted feature class to the child version.

Thanks,
Sandy.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Leo,

In this thread we were talking about a "Feature Class" and not a feature. The concept would be completely different for the two.

Yes, while Reconcile/Post we can manually look at the conflicts and decide in favor of the Parent version, but for that to happen the feature should have been modified in both the versions....or else it will simply overwrite depending on what you chose(edits in favor of Child\Parent).

As for the other question, YES...it will remain in the replica geodatabase untill you synchronize.

Regards,
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Occasional Contributor III
Sorry about that, my mistake in not noticing the feature vs feature class original post.  I got the impression from Joe that we were talking about features, I misread that.

This post is confusing.  Connecting to child vesion doesn't really mattter if that user owns the data and deletes something.  Why bother versioning if editors are owning data?

I thought the idea was to have a "data owner" separate from the "data editors".
0 Kudos