Relationship Class Problems

09-06-2012 09:35 AM
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III
Greetings-

I have tried everything possible and what I am doing is not working. I am currently working with ArcMap 10.0 and a file geodatabase. What I am trying to fix/redo is a relationship class between (2) different feature classes.

"SERVICE_LOCATION" feature class (Composed of electric meters)
"XFMR_BANK" feature class (Composed of all Transformer Banks)

Service Locations are connection via a secondary conductor to a Transformer Bank. There might be (1) meter connected to a transformer bank or there might be as many as (18) meters connected to a transformer bank.

What I am trying to do is to construct a Relationship Class which will read in both directions.

When you select a XFMR bank in the Attributes/Identify box - I want the ability to "Drill-Down" to see ALL of the Service Locations attached to it. SO-If there are (14) meters tied/linked to a specific transformer bank - ALL (14) meters will show up (From the "SERVICE_LOCATION" Feature class when you "Drill-Down"

In Reverse - I want to be able to select a Service Location and "Drill-Down" to see what XFMR bank feeds that meter.

Is it possible to create a single relationship class to do this in both directions or does it have to be (2) different relationship classes. How exactly do I program this relationship class.

My fields:
   "SERVICE_LOCATION" - XFMR Bank Join (Numeric field type)
   "XFMR_BANK" - "XFMR Bank Join (Numeric field type)

Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
0 Replies