Select to view content in your preferred language

Raster - Export Data

11-10-2011 03:48 PM
CarmaGerber2
Emerging Contributor
Hello

I am trying to export raster data using the 'Right Click in Table of Contents' > Export Data method and want to select the 'Selected Graphics' option for the expent of the output however it is greyed out. Can't seem to figure out what't going on? I have a polygon highlighted within the data frame within view, still no luck.

Please help if you can.

Regards,
Carma Gerber
0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricRice
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Carma,

Is the polygon selected part of a layer in the map?  i.e. shapefile or geodatabase feature class.  If yes, then that is why it's not available.  Those are not graphics.  Those are featues. You would need to turn on the Draw toolbar and create a graphic to clip to.  If you want to clip the raster to a polygon feature, you can just as easily run the Clip tool.  If a feature within the feature class is selected and "Use input features for clipping geometry" is checked, then the output clips out the areas that are selected.

Regards,
Eric
0 Kudos
ChristiNelson1
Deactivated User
Hi,

Im trying to export my virtual clipped raster (created from the Image Analysis Window) into a physical raster dataset.  Ive tried this by 1) pushing the save button in the Image Analysis window and 2) right-clicking on the clip_dem and selecting  Data > Export Data.  Both ways get me to the export raster data window. 

Problem: the tool runs and completes successfully, but my (output raster) elevation values do not match those of the original (input) raster.  The spatial reference of the input raster:  NAD_1983_StatePlane_California_III_FIPS_0403_Feet.  Linear unit: foot_us.  Minimum value -25, Max value: 4373.

Clipped_dem (output) minimum value: 172, max value: 2568

The dem was originally a 10m resolution dem, but i don't have any metadata about it.  the z values could still be in meters, but the math doesn't work out for a m to ft conversion. 

Might there be some kind of weird default setting or output parameter that might be set, that Im not aware of but need to fix?

Thx.
Christi
0 Kudos