Select to view content in your preferred language

load_buffer error -51 when zooming

04-27-2010 04:06 AM
ahmadawada
New Contributor
Hi,

I am facing an sde error related to Network I/O errors it is:

[Mon Apr 26 10:57:15 2010] [304] [AAwada] load_buffer error -51 on DRIVETESTLOG, rowid -1

It pops up when panning, and zooming a feature class

Please help it's a disaster

email: aawada@khatibalami.com
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Please help us to help you by giving a more complete description of the problem --

What database are you using?  Which version, service pack/patches?

What version of ArcSDE are you using?  Which service pack and/or patches?

What ArcSDE client are you using to pan & zoom? Which version, service pack/patches?

What geometry storage type are you using?  What does 'sdelayer -o describe_long' report?

How did you populate the data?  What does 'sdetable -o describe' report for the table? 
Has this never worked, or did the failures start recently?

Have you received any relevant database error messages recently?

- V
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Please contact support to log an incident. An analyst will be able to help troubleshoot why you are encountering the Network I/O errors.

Thanks,

Despina
ESRI Support Services
0 Kudos
lexuslexus
New Contributor
The error is the result of an invalid MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT. Refer to the Oracle documentation for more information about this parameter.

Solution or Workaround
Change MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT Extent values based on Oracle calculations or a best guess. You can use the Oracle tool SDO_TUNE.EXTENT_OF to determine the minimum bounding rectangle of the data in a layer.
this is the link about the detail:http://resources.arcgis.com/content/kbase?fa=articleShow&d=15673
I thought that this is happen when the user change the project of layer by affine transformation which make the geometry change too much.This may lead to the spatial index didn't work.

I hope this could help you!
0 Kudos