Layer (Rest API) BNG (British National Grid) MAP Data is Shifting in Google Map

12-10-2013 08:28 PM
anujkumar1
New Contributor
Hi,

I am using Arcgis product.When i am trying to overlay Layer on GOOgle Map, i noticed the shift of approximately 100m.

My layer contains BNG (British National Grid) data.

I belive there is some projection problem.

Can you please tell me steps to project BNG data on Google Maps without any shift.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
Anuj Kumar
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor
Google uses WGS84 as the underlying datum, and will not do any coordinate transformations. So, reproject your data to be geographic WGS84, and it should line up.
Best Regards,
Jim
0 Kudos
anujkumar1
New Contributor
Google uses WGS84 as the underlying datum, and will not do any coordinate transformations. So, reproject your data to be geographic WGS84, and it should line up.
Best Regards,
Jim

Thanks Jim,

When i am projecting data to WGS1984 from BNG, some pixcel size is changing.

i am using resampling_type is as 'NEAREST'.

Thanks,
Anuj Kumar
0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor
When you do the reprojection, you have the option to choose the cell size under the "Environments" button at the bottom.
Regarding the resampling, the appropriate selection depends on your data:
"The NEAREST and MAJORITY options are used for categorical data, such as a land-use classification. The NEAREST option is the default since it is the quickest and also because it will not change the cell values. Do not use NEAREST or MAJORITY for continuous data, such as elevation surfaces.

The BILINEAR option and the CUBIC option are most appropriate for continuous data. It is not recommended that BILINEAR or CUBIC be used with categorical data because the cell values may be altered."

Best Regards,
Jim
0 Kudos