INTERSECTION LOCATOR

11-13-2013 06:10 AM
MitchellWiniecki
New Contributor II
Is this even possible? I've been reading the forums for several days now and no one has an answer.  I want to create an intersection locator based on street centerline data.  Thought using the Dual Range style would be best because my centerline data included all the necessary fields but no go.
Also have intersection point data that included individual street names.  The only way that I've read (so far) to make this work is to concatenate the street name field at each intersection for each point so that your table data will read "50TH & FRANCE", and then would need another point at the same location with attribute reading "FRANCE & 50TH".  So for a 4 way intersection you would need 2 points in order to locate the intersection properly. Obviously I'm not going to do that as it would take me 6 months. 

ARE THERE ANY ANSWERS OUT THERE?  I FEEL LIKE THIS SHOULD NOT BE SO DAMN COMPLICATED!
Tags (2)
11 Replies
EricErickson
New Contributor II
I'm working for a water company that is GPSing all their street valves. Most valves are located close to street intersections. I would like to geocode all the street intersections in the service area so that I can do a spatial join to link the street intersection information to the street valves. Has anyone got any idea if a tool like this exists?

Thank,

Eric
0 Kudos
SampaRoy
New Contributor
Hi Eric,

Check this link:http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2013/02/11/streetintersectionlist/

I used this tool to create intersection point. It is really helpful.

Thanks
Sampa
Santa Clara County
0 Kudos