How to remove a raster from a Referenced Mosaic Dataset

Jump to solution
01-19-2024 11:22 PM
Labels (1)
KarlW
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I can remove rasters from a Mosaic Dataset using the 'Remove Rasters from Mosaic Dataset' tool but it does not work with referenced mosaics. Excuse my ignorance but what is the equivalent tool for referenced Mosaic Datasets?

Thanks,

Karl

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

By its nature it references another MD so it wouldn't make sense.  You could simply set a SQL query on your referenced MD to exclude/include specific rasters, or by attributes in the MD raster attribute table.

View solution in original post

KarlW
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks David. In my ignorance, I thought that the Referenced MD referenced a raster, not a non-referenced MD. From my study, and your response, I now know the relationship structure.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

By its nature it references another MD so it wouldn't make sense.  You could simply set a SQL query on your referenced MD to exclude/include specific rasters, or by attributes in the MD raster attribute table.

KarlW
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks David. In my ignorance, I thought that the Referenced MD referenced a raster, not a non-referenced MD. From my study, and your response, I now know the relationship structure.