I would like to change a field name called "type" to a different name because it is making errors when I'm joining the feature class.
The feature class has a very long subtype list with dozens of domain assigned to different fields. I can not alter the field name for some reason, probably because the subtypes.
Any ides how can I do that's?
The following fields cannot be renamed:
- ObjectID and GlobalID fields
- Any Shape-related field; Shape, shape length, shape area
- The enabled, ancillary role or network weight fields of a network feature class
- Representation fields
- Fields in a feature class participating in a Network Dataset, Terrain, or Cadastral Fabric
- Fields used for Editor Tracking
- Relationship Class Primary Key and Foreign Key fields
- The Subtype field
- Raster fields
There is a solution but only in ArcPro. Follow this link. Add a new Long field and the tool will insert all the "Old/wrong" subtype field to the new corrected name subtype field.
Thanks all for your reply.