Georeferencing

05-25-2012 04:29 AM
MalcolmMeyer1
New Contributor II
Using jpgs for my images. What files are absolutely necessary, in other words are the .aux abd .jpg.aux.xml needed. I know the rrd is the pyramids which I dont care about. I know that the jpg, jpgw and xml are needed for the referenced and spatial reference. I cannot find a clear answer in the gis help.

Thanks

Mal
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor
From ESRI: If you delete the .aux.xml file, you will lose all the information stored within it, including the transformation, statistics, and histogram information.

Also see http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//009t00000027000000
0 Kudos
MalcolmMeyer1
New Contributor II
So if I just delete the pyramids (for size) rrd file will that corrupt the raster in any way. **It created pyramids in the mosaic even though I told it not to under environments, but that's another forum topic.** I dont need to do statistics on this image. The help says the aux looks for the pyramid file but does not say what happens when it is not there. I should say this is how I have been working on several rasters - deleting the pyramids only for size - just want to make sure they will not become corrupt sometime in the future.

Thx
0 Kudos
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor
I've deleted the rrd files in the past when they accidentally showed up and had no problem doing that.
0 Kudos