Geometric network creation problem.

09-15-2016 03:23 PM
AmberPatton
New Contributor

Happy Thursday,

I am suddenly having a problem creating geometric networks. When I try to create one I go through the wizard fine, but then I get a pop up saying that my attempt to build a geometric network failed, and that it cannot be built because "that table" already exists. My question is how can there be a table for a geometric network that doesn't exist yet? Also, any advice on where to find said table would be appreciated.

This is now happening on two computers here, so I don't know if it's me deleting the old geometric networks improperly, or if there's a problem with our machines. One computer has 10.2, and the other has 10.4 if that is helpful at all.

Thank you very much for your time,

Amber

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Are you using the tools in this toolset Create Geometric Network—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

If you are putting stuff in a new geodatabase in a known location, then deleting it should be easy.

You might need to elaborate a bit more on your procedure.  Not being able to find files is somewhat odd.

AmberPatton
New Contributor

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear. When I try to create a geometric network by right clicking on an existing dataset and selecting new>geometric network, I go through the wizard for creating the network, and after clicking finish I get a pop up stating that the build failed because "that table exists already". And my question is how can a table exist already if the network does not? This is why I was asking if it was possible for me to have deleted past geometric networks improperly because maybe they would have left a table behind, but I do not see any remnants of past ones, so that does not seem to be the problem. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well that is why I was asking about the table name, perhaps the remnant of the table is still there because you are using the existing dataset in the same location as last time... copy it elsewhere or use 

file explorer to trace down filenames and/or folders associated with the input name

0 Kudos