Select to view content in your preferred language

Geocoding: Two 100% match Candidates Tied

12-01-2010 04:34 AM
GISIntern
New Contributor
I am trying to geocode using One address locator. Somehow I have never come across this problem. I have about 20% of the addresses I tried to geocode showing up in the yellow Tied category. I checked the box for "match if tied" however they're still showing up in the yellow with the status of "Tied" but would like to see them in Green! I noticed that say for example "1 Pond View" there are two candidates that match 100 percent so I believe the program does not know which 100 percent match address to pick. This is the case for all 2,000 addresses that went into the Tied category. I'm relatively new with this and need some help or ideas, has anyone else ever encountered this? How do I tell the program to pick either one of the 100 percent matches as they are correct? Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
I am trying to geocode using One address locator. Somehow I have never come across this problem. I have about 20% of the addresses I tried to geocode showing up in the yellow Tied category. I checked the box for "match if tied" however they're still showing up in the yellow with the status of "Tied" but would like to see them in Green! I noticed that say for example "1 Pond View" there are two candidates that match 100 percent so I believe the program does not know which 100 percent match address to pick. This is the case for all 2,000 addresses that went into the Tied category. I'm relatively new with this and need some help or ideas, has anyone else ever encountered this? How do I tell the program to pick either one of the 100 percent matches as they are correct? Thanks!

A tie means there are at least two choices in your spatial data that your address list can match against: It's up to you to go through and pick which one you want it to match against. For me, ties are a data quality test. More ties means less data integrity and accuracy.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos