Select to view content in your preferred language

GDB Creation from Data model

03-13-2012 11:45 PM
GSKTRYG
Deactivated User
Hi,

I need to create a gdb file from the ESRI Electric Transmission model diagram.
Is there any method to directly convert the model diagram (visio) into a gdb file ?
Or
Do I need to create each feature class one by one in ArcCatalog ?

Thanks
Siva
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor
Hi Siva,

Take a look at CASE Tools:

Using CASE tools in ArcGIS 10
http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2010/08/05/using-case-tools-in-arcgis-10/

As you proceed with these tools please take note of deprecation plans for CASE Tools in subsequent releases:

ArcGIS 9.3.1 was the last release to support CASE tools and the Import Schema Wizard
functionality in the box.**At ArcGIS 10 we will continue to allow users to use CASE functionality
to design and implement geodatabase schema with Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose. This CASE
functionality will be available as a separate setup that will be included in the media for ArcGIS
10 Final. This CASE functionality will be provided as an �??Add�?�On�?� to ArcCatalog, which will
consist of the Schema Wizard and Semantics Checker.**This CASE �??ADD�?�On�?� will be fully
supported by ESRI Technical Support. Beyond ArcGIS 10, we continue to see a need for tools to
diagram and define geodatabase schemas, and we will be looking at the best patterns and
practices for supporting this in the future

Copying the geodatabase schema of an ArcGIS data model template

Using CASE tools and UML to create a geodatabase schema
0 Kudos
GSKTRYG
Deactivated User
Hi Jon D,

Thanks for the support.

I would like to use the second method and I downloaded the UML diagram of Electric transmission model from Telvent website.
But I am not able to convert it to an xmi file which can be used in Case Tools. So I stuck here.

if you or anyone is having the XMI file of Electric Transmission Model, please let me know.

Regards,
Siva
0 Kudos