I have been on the phone with ESRI for hours and hours over various days, we still cannot find a reason or a solution to this issue.
I did not originally create our sde database. There is of course an object ID field, we have a Facility ID field, it autopopulates when a feature is created. I would like to stop that, also the big problem is that for example, my fire hydrants have a facility id that the engineers use, I need to keep that ID the same throughout the life of the hydrant. I created a new feature class for the hydrants with more fields and a neater layout. When I use the object loader to transfer the old hydrants data to the new feature class all of the feature classes are renamed using the object id value. I tried to use filed calculator, did not work, I tried to just manually change the field to the value I wanted it to be and it would snap back to the default value.
I really need an answer on this, it's been weeks of researching what could be the cause or what the solution could be.
I am using arc 10.2.1 and sql server also windows 7