Fabric to Fabric

Jump to solution
10-24-2016 09:41 AM
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

How do you copy good subdivision linework from one fabric and add to a fabric based off a shapefile?

I have been using the parcel fabric to draw new subdivisions (rather than use the basic cogo tools) and have a bout 25 subdivisions created.  Once created I export the parcels to our tax parcel layer and adjust neighboring parcels to match up.  We are starting the process to find an outside company who will be converting our parcel layer to the parcel fabric.   Once our completed parcel fabric is given back to us is there a way for me to copy the line work from one parcel fabric to the new parcel fabric that way the good data is included?  OR Would it be a hardship to ask the company to just add the non cogo'ed parcels to my parcel fabric with the subdivisions I created?  It might be another 3 to 6 months before the contract happens and I'd hate to not be creating the good data or correcting old data using the parcel fabric.

OR maybe someone has a better idea.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

I feel silly.  I just figured it out.  If anyone else needs help figuring it out follow these steps.

1.  Select layers you wish to copy to new fabric

2.  Select parcel Editor toolbar menu

3.  Select Save as XML

4.  Open new fabric

5.  Select Parcel Editor toolbar menu

6.  Slect Append File and open the XML file you created.  

7.  Join Parcels.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

I feel silly.  I just figured it out.  If anyone else needs help figuring it out follow these steps.

1.  Select layers you wish to copy to new fabric

2.  Select parcel Editor toolbar menu

3.  Select Save as XML

4.  Open new fabric

5.  Select Parcel Editor toolbar menu

6.  Slect Append File and open the XML file you created.  

7.  Join Parcels.

0 Kudos