Export GIS to CAD (dgn) -- points to cells

12-02-2011 04:33 AM
NickNaus
New Contributor
I�??m trying to export some shapefiles to a Microstation (DGN v8) CAD file using the �??Export to CAD�?? tool. I get everything working except for one thing: I want to use a point shapefile as input to create cells in Microstation.  I used the following thread as a reference: http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=93&f=983&t=206052&mc=14#msgid856381

What did I do?
- I created a dgn seed file with one cell drawn (all points in the shapefile have to look like this cell). I made this cell active, shared it and finally saved the seed file.
- I filled the field �??Refname�?? with the name of the cell
- I filled the field �??CADType�?? with �??INSERT�??

After running the �??Export to CAD�?? tool, the points from the shapefile show up in Microstation not as cells, but as tiny lines. Have you any idea what went wrong?

Thanks for any help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
FrankSimek4
New Contributor

I've run into the same exact issue. Is there a way to export points to a DGN cell, based on an existing cell that is stored in a seed file? I am not well versed in the different objects in MicroStation, but I'm generally looking for the same result as when exporting a GIS point to a DWG block. Any information on this matter will be appreciated.

thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos