Select to view content in your preferred language

Error when creating a geometric network

11-30-2012 05:25 AM
JoelSabin
Occasional Contributor
Our GIS Admin was having trouble posting the DRAFT version of our SDE geodatabase to the DEFAULT version, it was related to one of the geometric networks in the database. I suggested that he delete the geometric network & we could rebuild it.

When we tried to rebuild, we got this error message: "The feature class is already a member of the controller dataset."

Any ideas what this means?

The Admin told me that he un-versioned the feature dataset the network was built on before he deleted the network; I am not 100% convinced that he did. Could this error be from deleting the network before it was un-versioned?

I was able to build the same network, with the same data, in a personal geodatabase, and it worked fine.

We tried creating the network with 2 of the feature classes, and it built. Did not have time to try all of the feature classes to see if one of them was a problem.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor
Copy all feature class or required feature dataset to file geodatabase. Delete from SDE. Then copy them back to sde from file geodatabase. This shoud help. Otherwise please call ESRI Support Services to diagnose this issue.
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
Joel,

What release of ArcGIS and ArcSDE are you using?

thanks,
0 Kudos
JoelSabin
Occasional Contributor
Joel,

What release of ArcGIS and ArcSDE are you using?

thanks,

10.0 w/ SP5

We had a consultant come in and fix the problem, I was too busy to know what he did.
It seemed to be related to one featureclass. I think it was "old junk" in or SDE - sorry that's all I know.
0 Kudos