Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing on Multipoint features in ArcMap 10

08-23-2011 09:36 AM
JohnFisher
New Contributor
I seem to recall being able to edit x,y,z cooridnates of multi-point shapes in ArcMap 9.3.  That option appears to be missing in ArcMap 10 editing environment.  Or maybe I'm missing something. 

I now get an error such as "choose a single feature to edit" when I right-click on the selected multi-point and use "edit vertices" from the popup menu.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhondaGlennon
Occasional Contributor III
This should still work. Can you select the multipoint feature and look on the table of contents List By Selection and make sure that the multipoint is the only selected feature? You will get that message if you have multiple features selected when you try to go to Edit Vertices. You can also double-click the multipoint with the Edit tool to enter Edit Vertices mode.

Once you are editing the vertices, click the Sketch Properties button on the Editor toolbar to open the window where you can edit the x,y,z,m coordinates.
0 Kudos
JohnFisher
New Contributor
It is working now in a new MXD with a new ArcMap session.  I think something happened yesterday in my editing session that messed up the editor, because my multipoint layer would not show up in the Create Features form with a default template.  Even after I manually added a template for the multipoint, the editor functions wouldn't work.  I have seen random odd things occur like this before, but it is not always a repeatable issue.

Now that I started a new ArcMap 10 session, seems to be working fine.

Thanks
0 Kudos