Select to view content in your preferred language

Deleting Internal Vertices of Polygon

10-28-2011 01:27 PM
DeanMiyashiro
New Contributor II
Is there another tool or model builder I could use to delete the vertices inside a polygon?

Currently, after merging polygons that have coincidental edges, the internal lines (vertices) must be removed. I am using the "Edit Vertices" button and selecting each polygon one at a time to edit. This is taking a lot of time and repetitiveness is killing me, since I have a lot of polygons to edit.

Each polygon is a feature class and I tried selecting multiple polygons to edit at once, but it would not let me.

Any advice?

Thanks
Tags (2)
3 Replies
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Have a look of the Dissolve tool (Data Management toolbox - Generalization toolset). It removes common/shared boundaries; optionally you can specify a dissolve_field.
0 Kudos
MichaelFalk
New Contributor II

I am also looking for a bulk solution for this. It happens whether you merge or dissolve if the original shapes are not perfectly aligned.  I am also going through one polygon at a time and cleaning up.

0 Kudos
MichaelFalk
New Contributor II

This actually worked pretty well https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/tool-reference/data-management/eliminate-polygon-part.htm I just made sure to choose area and set a small area so that it would only get rid of the extra vertices, I still needed to do some cleaning, but this helped a lot.

0 Kudos