Corrupt geodatase (mdb) after topology validation

03-14-2012 07:30 AM
AndreasStelter
New Contributor
Some of our customers experience the problem that after a topology validation the geodatabase (mdb) is corrupt. Neither repairing in Access nor in ArcCatalog (ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2) seems to work.
Has anyone experienced similar problems? Any idea what may cause this? Is there a chance to repair the geodatabase anyway?
Thanks
Andreas
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JhonSteve
New Contributor
Hi,

You can use Access database recovery tools to repair your Access database file. Below is a list of them:

http://www.datanumen.com/aar/compare.htm

Most of them provide a free demo so you can try first.

Steve
0 Kudos
AnbarasanRajamani
New Contributor
I have also experienced the same problem. Try to export all the features in to shapefile, if the export fails
Follow this method

Open the corrupted Personal Geodatabase (PGDB) in MS Access. Go to the bottom of the table. you will find
"X"_DirtyAreas table and
"X"_DirtyAreas_DirtyArea_Index table

Select and delete only those two tables. Go to arc catalog and export them as shapfile.
Make sure you create a copy of Geodatabase before deleting.

Hope it will solve the problem

Anbarasan
0 Kudos
BridgetBrown
New Contributor
Well yes! I have also faced such a situation of corrupt .mdb files. But my files were not related to geodatabase. Anyways you can easily repair your corrupt geodatabase (.mdb) file. But nothing can be done manually from your side, what you actually need a software application like this one: MS Access Database Repair
Just try it as I did. It will surely helpful for you.
Good luck.
0 Kudos