Converting Civil 3D .dwg files into a geodatabase

03-28-2011 11:33 AM
DavidDesmond
New Contributor II
I'm having trouble attempting to transfer data from a .dwg file created in Civil 3D into a geodatabase.

I've tried the conventional methods of using the CAD to Geodatabase Tool, and simply exporting the data as a feature class.

The CAD to Geodatabase Tool yields no result, and exporting the data causes ArcMap to crash.

Does anybody know of some type of Data Interoperability Extension that will help in this conversion?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnantThunuguntla
New Contributor III
I'm having trouble attempting to transfer data from a .dwg file created in Civil 3D into a geodatabase.

I've tried the conventional methods of using the CAD to Geodatabase Tool, and simply exporting the data as a feature class.

The CAD to Geodatabase Tool yields no result, and exporting the data causes ArcMap to crash.

Does anybody know of some type of Data Interoperability Extension that will help in this conversion?

Hi David,

Can you attach your data?
0 Kudos
DavidDesmond
New Contributor II
Thank you very much for responding to my question. I found a decent solution for my problem. I have to convert my civil 3D files to CAD and then import each feature layer. I figure either way I'm going to have to convert from Civil 3D and this is probably the simplest way to go about it.

Thanks again
0 Kudos