Select to view content in your preferred language

Composite Locator only showing some points

08-24-2022 02:12 PM
Labels (3)
LorindaGilbert
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Have recently upgraded to 10.8.2 (and database is now 10.9.1) and as a result have needed to recreate all of our geocoders.  We have 6 that are part of a composite.  In the previous version, 10.3.1 rebuilt with often with 10.6.1, the composite would show all points that were geocoded.

The newest version, shows that 98% of the rows were geocoded (263K of 264K) and they have have x,y coordinates in the rows.  However, only 78K show as points in the data that is written to the file geodatabase.  Where are the rest, what universe?

The ones that show have point z as the shape/geometry.  We aren't using z values.  I've made sure that the projection is the one that we use, have disabled the z value and it still comes up with point z and only one of the parts of the composite is represented (the second one).  All rows say that they are point z.

I have found that if I export the the attribute table and then import it to the mxd, show x,y event layer, that the points are there.  But this is not something that should be done.

Any hints on what is going on?  I do not want to do these in ArcPro as the rest of our staff is not ready to make that leap as of yet, they need to still work in ArcMap for another year or two.

Thanks,

Lorinda

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@LorindaGilbert 

I would start by looking at the geometry (shape field) of the data used to build the locators in the participating locators. It sounds like the locators in the composite might reference a mix of 2D and 3D geometry. If for instance the street layer to build the locator has geometry that is PolylineZ the geocode result will be PointZ. The locators built in ArcGIS Pro with the Create Locator tool always returns 2D features when the reference data is PolylineZ,  PolygonZ, or PointZ. If you have ArcGIS Server the locators can be published from ArcGIS Pro and the service can be used in ArcMap.

-Shana

0 Kudos