Co-worker unable to edit file geodatabase feature class in Arcmap 10.5 despite proper permissions.

08-24-2018 12:15 PM
StevenE
New Contributor III

I have a file geodatabase with feature classes created from shapefiles that serves as the main gdb for our web GIS. The gdb is registered with and stored on the server (single machine deployment). 

I am able to edit the data without any issues. However, when my co-worker tries to start editing receives the error "No editable layers." for the gdb as a whole, and the error 'Could not edit the data in the folder or database you selected." for individual feature classes in the gdb. 

I've checked and he has the proper permissions to be able to edit the gdb, and I've also made sure that no one else was accessing any feature class in the gdb when they went to start editing. In spite of this, they still get the same errors.

Could it have something to do with the versioning? I also don't think it's because the gdb feature classes are referenced on the web GIS since I'm able to edit without issues. 

Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Steven

10 Replies
SteveWorkman
New Contributor II

My users have also received this message and the because they were trying to edit the same feature class in a filegeodatabase and this is not allowed, see:

FAQ: Can multiple users edit a file geodatabase at the same time?