Select to view content in your preferred language

Change Tiff's bands

03-04-2012 08:53 PM
DainiusTamosiunas
New Contributor III
Hi,

Is it possible to make tiff images that has this layers order: red - band5, green - band4, blue - band3? In arcgis, i can change those bands, but that's only for viewing. I would like to have a tiff image that looks like the one in arcgis.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Regular Contributor
Dainius,

Why not create a mosaic dataset of the required tiff, then apply a band extract function on the mosaic that gives the bands in the correct order that you after. That way if you load the mosaic dataset in ArcGIS desktop each time it will look exactly as you have stored in mosaic function.

Alterntative two and a lot simpler, is to create a layer file of the raster in ArcGIS. Then each time you want to load the tiff with the display you created load the layer file instead of the tiff and it will again display as the way you symbolized it in ArcGIS Desktop.

cheers
Gordon
0 Kudos
PrasantaBhattarai
Esri Contributor
Hi,

Is it possible to make tiff images that has this layers order: red - band5, green - band4, blue - band3? In arcgis, i can change those bands, but that's only for viewing. I would like to have a tiff image that looks like the one in arcgis.

If you want to create a tiff image with band order (R, G, B) as 5, 4, and 3, you can run Composite Bands tool which will allow you to create a single raster dataset from multiple bands. When running the tool, you will have to enter the desired band (for eg. 5, 4, 3 for red, green, and blue) as input raster so that you get a correct band combination on the output raster dataset. Please note that the output raster will be a 3 band raster with band numbers as 1, 2, and 3.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12422[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos