Select to view content in your preferred language

Change the "Fix Topology Error" display field for automatic fixes

08-29-2011 08:05 AM
AndrewDecker
Emerging Contributor
I am editing some parcel overlaps in a single polygon feature class.  I want my Fix Topology Error tool to display a field other than the polygon OID when using the automatically available fixes; Merge in all my cases for this task.

I currently have to identify the polygons, observe the flash and translate the OID to the proper record with the field attribute I want to make my merge choice on.  Changing the symbology and labels doesn't get the job done with the topology errors on top no matter how I set the displays.

If the merge fix with the Fix Topology Error tool would just display a different field other than OID, then my selection for which is the right merge would be so much easier.  For learning's sake I would hope this could be applied to all available automatic fixes.

Is there a setting anywhere, I did not see one in all the general places I would think to look?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RhondaGlennon
Deactivated User
You can click each feature in the Merge dialog box and flash its geometry on the map. Otherwise, I do not think there is a way to change the field shown. This is an enhancement request (NIM072117 - Merge dialog box for topology error fix should show layer display expression) that is resolved in ArcGIS 10.1 that would allow you to set the layer's display expression and have it be reflected on the Merge fix.
0 Kudos